Evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic internal medicine problems with a holistic approach
developed through anthroposophy. General pediatric consultation. Examples of covered services include:
- Certain dermatological problems such as rashes, poison ivy, skin biopsies for suspicious moles or warts
- Suture of wounds if uncomplicated, usually urgent services are recommended
- Wound checks and skin infections
- Urine dipstick evaluation, Home-based stool occult blood testing with newer technology
- Referral to appropriate specialists as needed (outside services are not covered by patient organization membership fees)
- Developmental aspects of pediatrics and general acute and chronic pediatric problems
- Rapid strep screens
- Crutches, knee immobilizer, wrist splints if available, with a deposit
- Adjunctive psychiatric treatment
- Adjunctive prenatal and postnatal counseling
- Complete camp or school physical as needed
- Women’s health check-up, pap, endometrial biopsy and ultrasound if needed
- House calls in the Ann Arbor area if determined necessary by the physicians
- In-house ultrasound evaluation for some conditions
- Infusions for cancer patients after the annual deductible for infusions is fulfilled.
The following miscellaneous services and education are also provided as available:
- All PO members receive a 20% discount on in-house prescription medicines produced by
anthroposophical pharmacies and a 10% on over-the-counter items (remedies and body care) produced by anthroposophical companies.
- Educational meeting opportunities as announced through the PO email announcements.
Please look at this chart for medications you are taking which could possibly be split. This saves money and trips to the Pharmacy!
It is helpful for the doctors when they're making dosage changes to be able to divide the pills you already have, rather than writing a new prescription. Besides, it is less waste in the water supply for all of us. Follow the link here: Tablet Splitting